The Pulse of Polish Real Estate: New Creditworthiness Will Allow for Much Less
- In the second half of 2021, home purchases with a mortgage loan accounted for over 60% of the transaction volume. A similar percentage was constituted by the consumer demand for flats as compared to the investment demand.
The Pulse of Polish Real Estate: Shock on the Rental Market
- The start of the war in Ukraine generated a positive demand shock on the rental market. As a result, the availability of flats for rent decreased significantly and rental rates rose sharply. We expect that some refugees will stay in Poland for a longer period or permanently, which in the next few years will generate an additional demand for approx. 230,000 apartments.
Prospectus of PKO Bank Hipoteczny Has Been Submitted by the CSSF the Luxemburg Financial Authority
- On March 24th the Commision de Survillance du Secteur Financier has submitted a new prospectus of PKO Bank Hipoteczny
- Under the International Program worth EUR 4,000,000,000, PKO Bank Hipoteczny may issue mortgage covered bonds
- This Base Prospectus is valid for 12 months from its date
Stable Growth of Results of PKO Bank Hipoteczny in 2021 and the High Quality of Its Loan Portfolio
- In 2021, PKO Bank Hipoteczny’s profit before tax amounted to PLN 141.7 and its net profit reached PLN 94.9 million.
- As at the end of December 2021, the bank continued to be the leader of the Polish mortgage bank market in terms of the balance of mortgage covered bonds in trading, with mortgage covered bond of PLN 13.1 billion.
- The loan portfolio of PKO Bank Hipoteczny exceeded PLN 22.8 billion as at the end of December 2021 and maintained a very high quality in terms of the credit risk.
Very good results of PKO Bank Hipoteczny after three quarters of 2021
- As at the end of September 2021, the Bank was the leader in the Polish market for mortgage banks in terms of the balance of mortgage covered bonds remaining in trading and the balance of residential mortgage loans.
- As at the end of the third quarter of 2021, the loan portfolio of PKO Bank Hipoteczny reached PLN 23.5 billion, while maintaining a very high quality in terms of credit risk.
- The value of the mortgage covered bonds issued by the Bank remaining in trading as at the end of September represented approximately two-thirds of the total value of mortgage covered bonds issued by Polish banks, remaining in trading.
PKO Bank Hipoteczny follows with issuance of another green covered bonds on the Polish market worth PLN 250 MLN
- PKO Bank Hipoteczny will offer investors green covered bonds for the second time.
- The value of the issue will amount to PLN 250 million and the maturity date of green covered bonds will be 2 December 2024.
- Spread over WIBOR 3M of 51 bps was set in the book building process which was conducted on 27 November 2019.