Stable growth of results of PKO Bank Hipoteczny in the first half of 2022 and the high quality of its loan portfolio
- In the first half of 2022, PKO Bank Hipoteczny’s profit before tax amounted to PLN 76.5 million and its net profit reached PLN 50.8 million.
- As at the end of June 2022, the Bank continued to be the leader of the Polish mortgage bank market in terms of the balance of mortgage covered bonds, with mortgage covered bonds of PLN 9.9 billion. In addition, as at the end of June, the Bank carried out the opening subscription of green mortgage covered bonds in EUR for our region with a nominal value of EUR 500 million, for which the issue date was set at 4 July 2022.
- The loan portfolio of PKO Bank Hipoteczny exceeded PLN 20.8 billion as at the end of June 2022 and maintained a very high quality in terms of the credit risk.
PKO Bank Hipoteczny placed the first benchmark issue of green covered bonds in EUR
- On 27 June, PKO Bank Hipoteczny launched a subscription addressed to institutional investors for green covered bonds of EUR 500 million, maturing on 25 June 2025.
- Declarations of interest were collected from more than 50 investors for a total amount of over EUR 850 million.
- During the book bulding process a margin of 36 bp over EUR Mid-Swaps was set. The securities bear a fixed interest rate in euro.
- PKO Bank Hipoteczny’s covered bonds will be listed simultaneously on the Luxembourg and Warsaw stock exchanges.
The Pulse of Polish Real Estate: New Creditworthiness Will Allow for Much Less
- In the second half of 2021, home purchases with a mortgage loan accounted for over 60% of the transaction volume. A similar percentage was constituted by the consumer demand for flats as compared to the investment demand.
The Pulse of Polish Real Estate: Shock on the Rental Market
- The start of the war in Ukraine generated a positive demand shock on the rental market. As a result, the availability of flats for rent decreased significantly and rental rates rose sharply. We expect that some refugees will stay in Poland for a longer period or permanently, which in the next few years will generate an additional demand for approx. 230,000 apartments.
Prospectus of PKO Bank Hipoteczny Has Been Submitted by the CSSF the Luxemburg Financial Authority
- On March 24th the Commision de Survillance du Secteur Financier has submitted a new prospectus of PKO Bank Hipoteczny
- Under the International Program worth EUR 4,000,000,000, PKO Bank Hipoteczny may issue mortgage covered bonds
- This Base Prospectus is valid for 12 months from its date
Stable Growth of Results of PKO Bank Hipoteczny in 2021 and the High Quality of Its Loan Portfolio
- In 2021, PKO Bank Hipoteczny’s profit before tax amounted to PLN 141.7 and its net profit reached PLN 94.9 million.
- As at the end of December 2021, the bank continued to be the leader of the Polish mortgage bank market in terms of the balance of mortgage covered bonds in trading, with mortgage covered bond of PLN 13.1 billion.
- The loan portfolio of PKO Bank Hipoteczny exceeded PLN 22.8 billion as at the end of December 2021 and maintained a very high quality in terms of the credit risk.